Turn an abstract line into a picture—that tells a story! This activity helps children use their visual imaginations while practicing thinking in pictures.
Gather these materials:
- Pen or pencil (something to write with)
- Crazy shape images (provided below)
- Choose one of the crazy squiggle shapes below.
- Finish the drawing by adding to it.
- Share with others and tell a story about the drawing.
- Select the other crazy shape. Repeat activity with the other shape.
Here are add-on activities to try:
- Draw a new crazy shape. Pass the crazy shape to someone else to complete the drawing.
- Create a drawing by starting with a number or letter. What can a 7 be turned into? A shark? A skirt? A monster? Try turning the paper to see the number or letter from all angles.